The Deseret News wrote up an article about my Grandma DeeDee: 94 Years and 88 Keys Add Up To One Great Lady.
I’m spoiled, I tell you. Not everybody gets to grow up nearby both of their Grandmas, and both are such incredible women. I was one lucky little girl to get piano lessons from my Grandma DeeDee. I remember her using her fingers like a curling iron on my fingers to teach me how to play with my fingers properly bent. And when I learned to play a waltz, she got up off of the piano bench next to me and danced around the room. You tell me if you were lucky enough to have a piano teacher that study at Columbia and Julliard, hmm? That’s what I thought.
And that’s just Grandma DeeDee. I could tell oodles of stories about Grumma Campbell, too. How about a list instead? Super!
Larrie’s Blessings from Grandma and Grumma:
- Playing dress up at Grumma’s
- Grandma’s garden with a rock waterfall, a gazebo, bird baths, a gong, and always beautiful
- Picking apples from Grumma’s apple tree
- Playing house in Grandma’s basement bedrooms with a closet secret passageway
- Swimming at Grumma’s
- Piano recitals in Grandma’s living room
- Birthday texts from Grumma
- Easter brunches at Grandma’s
- Christmas lunches with Grumma
- Grandma’s rolls–mmmm, lard
- Grumma’s pecan logs!
- Doing the crossword with Grandma while waiting for a concert to start
- Eating dinner with Grumma the day the tornado came through Salt Lake
And on and on, but I’ll stop there. I love my Grandmas! What memories do you cherish with your grandparents?