It’s time to get back on track with my #yearofbeautiful initiative, and this time, I’m working on my goal of FEELING more confident. To do this, I wanted a visual that shows areas where I rock. It will also show areas where I am skipping out so I’m hoping that means if I’m not feeling confident, I’ll get an idea of areas where I could spend a little more time. The visual I drew up today is in my bullet journal (a recent trend in organizing your life and journaling based on this website): Larrie’s daily habit tracker. There are many versions online of something similar or with varying ways to draw it up. In fact, you can even hit up Etsy and purchase designs done by really professional folks. Mine is simply sketched in my little journal with a number of things that I’d like to work on for myself. You can see them all on my rad picture above. I know. So rad. My items fall into four categories:
- Personal health: yoga, sleep, water, less sugar, and exercise
- Spiritual health: gratitude (#3goodthings tweets), reading, prayers, and temple
- Work: monthly projects, freelance projects
- Fun: instagram posts, sending birthday cards, doodling, and piano (is that fun?!)
I’m hoping that by the end of the month, there will be a good amount of the squares filled in, but I’m not demanding it. Certainly, some of those items are not daily necessities, though some, I really would like to become such. Maybe, by the end, it will be a gradient going from blank to lots and lots of turquoise. Bring on the turquoise!
How it works (for those that would like a brief explanation):
- I have one page in my bullet journal dedicated to September’s daily habits and I’ve entered it on my index page.
- I have a list, going down the page, of the items from each of my four areas above.
- I have the numbers going across the page for each day of the month.
- Using a ruler (let’s look neat here, folks), I drew the outline of my grid.
- The dots in my journal create the rest of the grid.
- I fill in each square for the item I did on the corresponding day of the month.
What items would you put on your daily habits list? Would you feel motivated by something like this, or overwhelmed?
And as a reminder, here are the past thoughts and posts about my #yearofbeautiful efforts:
- Strengthening resilience through a family narrative
- Living authentically
- Feeling smothered (your authentic self) by motherhood
- The three goals of my #yearofbeautiful