I skipped a couple of days of “Build a Better Blog” tasks. I didn’t even log on to my PC over the weekend to check emails or Facebook. Gasp. That means that I can pick and choose which tasks I complete for today from those that I missed during my internet absence. Here are the choices:
- Take a Trip to the ‘Mall’ (Put on clothes and leave your computer)
- Update a Key Page on my Blog (would require more than the 5 minutes I use to blog at work)
- Find a Blog Buddy (so many choices)
So what would you pick? The task where I actually step away from the PC; the task where I go and make changes to some of the pages I haven’t looked at for a while like the about me page or the cast of characters; or the task where I find me some blogging buddies? I think I might make an application for that last one… at a future date and time. I do need to update my cast of characters again; it’s been a while. But for today, let’s tackle the first task.
The blogger that writes Problogger admitted in the description for this task that he was in his PJ’s still blogging at 4pm. I suppose that blogging is his job so he’s really been working all day and the dress code is casual. Still, get out more, buddy. His way of getting out was to go to the mall and observe people.
My way of getting out is to interact with people. Wow. I must be an EXTRAVERT.
Here’s what I learned from this weekend of interactions:
- The entire internet should be jealous of my family; this includes my extended family as well. We even make baby showers a great little party for my fabulous sister-in-law, Laina.
- Hot tubbing is a beautiful thing; hot tubbing when the water smells like eucalyptus is bliss; hot tubbing with eucalyptus-scented water and raspberry-lime ice water is celestial.*
- Manual labor can be exhausting, but I also met more of my neighbors when we decided to save the HOA some money and clean up our desperate landscaping around the condos; turns out, we should have rented some dumpsters for the project – caution: piles of ripped out ivy everywhere.
- I’ve never enjoyed losing so bad in a soccer game, but it just felt so good to work really hard and inch ever closer to my goal of being in shape again.
- What would you do if you came home and the power was out? Beth and I walked to the store (one mile away) to buy lunch and picked up a fire bowl on the way back. Then, we grilled steaks and sat out on the porch in the sun. Welcome spring!
- I am now far enough removed from high school that I like seeing old friends… like at stake conference where there are many of you.
- I’m glad Beth made me be social and go to Chili’s Saturday night; I didn’t need more food, but the company was superb.
- Making cookies Sunday mornings is a tasty way to start the Sabbath.
- Spring time is amazing; especially when it includes spending time at the park BBQing.
- I have the best friends and the internet should be jealous of them, too; they laugh with me til my abs hurt, they make delicious crepes, they look for a missing cat and even make a poster, they clean up after parties, they like my home, they like me, they plan trips to a yet-to-be-determined destination, and they rock the casbah.
- Minyo (my cat) came back last night a little before 3:00 a.m. Now we know that I don’t lose a cat after only a year. Phew. Now I have ‘lost kitty’ posters that I won’t need to use. Phew again, but thanks to Megs who made them even though she doesn’t like cats. She must like me. Bonus.
*That was the three degrees of hot tubbing glory. (Ha, what a funny Mormon joke.)