Don’t make fun of me for blogging while on vacation. It’s not like there can be non-stop action and fun. Eventually my brothers’ kids have to take a nap and then the real adult fun starts… we watch Friends and sign on to the internet.
How did I ever vacation before wireless access?
Highlights so far:
- I didn’t know the dead body on the highway just before Mesquite.
- It feels great for my back not to be in a car for hours and hours.
- Sleeping in a bed after driving all night is supremely comfortable.
- Pete, Thane and I worked out at Newport’s 24Hour Saturday night – that’s how dedicated we are.
- Turkey’s win over the Czechs in Eurocup 2008 reminded me about why soccer is the beautiful game.
- The Newport temple’s grounds are beautiful.
The biggest disappointment so far:
- Forgetting my camera battery. Vacation without a camera is a very difficult thing.